482 BLACKSTOCK ROAD
1810 TAMARA WAY
410 VANDERBILT ROAD
150 KENSINGTON DRIVE
Promised Land COGIC was birthed under Apostle Tommy E. Quick as the Spartanburg Christian Discipleship Center in 1992 under the assignment of God to move to the Upstate.
During Spartanburg CDC's first years as an established ministry, the church had to change its location four times to accommodate its growing membership as men, women and families from Spartanburg and beyond were led to Christ and joined as members.
Many of Promised Land's programs and ministries currently operating today, were instituted during the church's formative years as Apostle Quick worked to meet people at the point of their need.
In 1998, Apostle Quick received a revelation from God concerning an 18-acre plot of land on Kensington Drive. Following Apostle's revelation, the church immediately began fundraising for the plot of land and witnessed God working on their behalf as a direct result of their obedience and faith. Within a year of Apostle Quick's revelation, the church was underway.
The new facility on Kensington Drive would seat hundreds inside of a 16,000 square foot edifice that would also feature thirteen spacious classrooms, a bookstore, a fully-equipped AV and computer room, meeting spaces and administrative offices. In February 2001, Spartanburg Christian Discipleship Center held its building dedication at 150 Kensington Drive.
In the years since the Promised Land's move to Kensington Drive, Apostle Quick has created several ministries and social outreach programs.
1. Promised Land Scholarship Fund, 2002-Current.
2. Spartanburg Christian Discipleship Center's Promising Kids 21st Century Community Learning Center, 2004-2012.
3. Pastor's International Covenant Alliance (PICA), 2004-Current.
4. Trinity Gates Subdivision, 2006-Current.
5. Black Boys of Distinction (BBOD), 2008-Current.
6. PL Community Development Corporation (PLCDC), 2008-Current.
7. Legacy Christian School, 2015-Current.
8. 199 Men & Their Families, 2016-Current.
In 2017, Apostle Quick rejoined the Church of God In Christ, Inc. under the leadership of Bishop Patrick L. Wooden, Sr., North Carolina 3rd Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction's Bishop Prelate. Apostle Quick currently serves as Bishop Wooden’s second-in-command as his Chief of Staff.